GIRLS ADVOCACY DEVELOPMENT NETWORK- SL
Girls Advocacy Development Network (GADNET) is a local girls and young women’s (GYW) rights organization that works to support and improve the well-being of vulnerable and marginalized girls in Sierra Leone. GADNET was formed in 2019 and registered as NGO in March 2019. It empowers girls and young women to advocate for gender equality and justice.
GADNET envision a world where GYW will be empowered at all level to develop their natural abilities to their fullest potential and equip them to excel as leaders of their household, schools, workplace, communities and across all spheres
GADNET’s work benefits the marginalized and disadvantaged girls and young women from poor background and the list includes rural adolescent girls, street girls, and girls living with HIV/Aids, girls with disability, orphans and their communities.
Our mission is to promote and advocate for economic, social and emotional well-being of girls and young women and to influence positive social transformation. We believe that encouraging the leadership of girls, their participation and the development of their status benefits the entire community.
We practice Integrity, Inclusion, Teamwork, service to others and Excellence as we pursue our mission.
A society where girls and young women ( GYW) will be empowered at all level to develop their natural abilities to their fullest potential and equip them to excel as leaders of their household, schools, workplace, communities and across all spheres.
Build a network of girls/women and boy/men who can stand up and fight social injustices and defend their rights of girls and women and raise the profile of girls and young women in their communities.
- Sexual Reproductive Health and Right
- Leadership / Mentorship
- Economic Empowerment
To inspire and motivate girls and young women to:
- transcend the limits of traditional boundaries imposed on them, and explore goals that stretch them to new possibilities
- expand their capability to their highest level of personal and professional excellence in whatever life or work roles they choose
- harness their inner strength to conquer work and life challenges
- Expand their confidence to create new paths to self-determination and improve competencies of effective and innovative leadership through affordable programming that fills the void created by society’s inadequate investment in development of women’s leadership talent.