GIRLS ADVOCACY DEVELOPMENT NETWORK SL
“Helping girls and young women Break Barrier”
Girls Advocacy Development Network (GADNET) is a local girls and young women’s (GYW) rights organization that works to support and improve the well-being of vulnerable and marginalized girls in Sierra Leone. GADNET was formed in 2019 and registered as NGO in March 2019. It empowers girls and young women to advocate for gender equality and justice.
GADNET envision a world where GYW will be empowered at all level to develop their natural abilities to their fullest potential and equip them to excel as leaders of their household, schools, workplace, communities and across all spheres
The mission driving GADNET is the commitment to contributing towards elimination of gender inequalities in health, education and economic opportunities, and work to fight against gender based violence, harmful traditional practices and HIV/Aids through promotion and creation of safe spaces for girl’s participation and development. GADNET believes that encouraging the leadership of girls and young women and their participation and the development of their status benefits the entire community.
GADNET works to strengthen and amplify young women’s voices by empowering girls and young women to be advocates of their own rights and be able to claim their rights from duty bearers. The organization was formed in 2019 by young Sierra Leone a women and operate through forming girl’s networks and uses various advocacyapproaches such as communication and networking,
workshops and training, Awareness Raising, campaign lobbying , Dialogue and advocacy within the framework of social behavior change models. GADNET uses the multi-stakeholder/interface dialogue and action approach in confronting negative stereotypes and challenges related to the attainment of gender justice.
Our mission is to promote and advocate for economic, social and emotional well-being of girls and young women and to influence positive social transformation. We believe that encouraging the leadership of girls, their participation and the development of their status benefits the entire community.
We practice Integrity, Inclusion, Teamwork, service to others and Excellence as we pursue our mission.
A society where girls and young women ( GYW) will be empowered at all level to develop their natural abilities to their fullest potential and equip them to excel as leaders of their household, schools, workplace, communities and across all spheres.
- Build a network of girls/women and boy/men who can stand up and fight social injustices and defend their rights of girls and women and raise the profile of girls and young women in their communities.
- Creating spaces where girls meet and discuss about their issues and explore collective solutions. This includes sexual reproductive issues (HIV/Aids, STI etc.)
- Improving level of participation, coordination and networking between grassroots girls and young women, their organizations and civil society organizations in order to increased support for girls and young women’s issues.
- 5. Ensuring that legislation, laws, policies and programmes are gender sensitive and supportive to women’s rights and human rights build.
- 6. Developing the skills and competencies of women to reach decision-for girls and women development.
GADNET’s work benefits the marginalized and disadvantaged girls and young women from poor background and the list includes rural adolescent girls, street girls, and girls living with HIV/Aids, girls with disability, orphans and their communities.
What To Help?
Donate to empower women and help girls in Sierra Leone. Give to fight human trafficking, educate girls, or provide job training for women.